Melbourne Criminal Lawyers Balot Reilly
462 William St Melbourne West VIC 3003
MELBOURNE CRIMINAL LAWYERS FOR DRUG CHARGES
It is important to contact our best criminal lawyers in Melbourne for drug charges if you are charged with drug related offences.
WHAT IS A DRUG CRIME?
A drug crime is the act of unlawfully using, growing, manufacturing, preparing for sale, selling and importing illegal substances or narcotics in Australia.
If you're accused or suspected of committing a drug offence or a drug crime, you need to urgently contact an experienced criminal defence lawyer from Balot Reilly because the consequences of being charged and possibly convicted could cost you your freedom. It can also destroy your livelihood, your relationship with your family, your future prospects of employment, your liberty to travel and your ability to lead a fullfilling life.
WHAT TO DO WHEN ARRESTED BY POLICE?
As soon as you're arrested for a drug related offence:
It is your legal right to contact an experienced BALOT REILLY CRIMINAL DEFENCE LAWYER. You should contact our Melbourne criminal defence lawyers immediately and we will advise you on how to handle your drug case. If you make contact early enough, we could, in many circumstances, SAVE YOU from from being charged with drug charges and ultimately in most circumstances save you from a potential term of imprisonment.
The police interview and police interrogation stage is a critical stage in building a case against suspects because police invariably use this opportunity to obtain incriminating answers to support their case. In fact seasoned police detectives will tell you that most criminal investigations are won and lost at this early stage.
OUR EXPERTISE IN DRUG OFFENCES
Mr Balot is an expert criminal defence lawyer in Melbourne and Australia wide, who is frequently consulted by the media for his expertise in criminal law. His expert interpretations of criminal law issues and his concise explanations are highly regarded. His second decade of criminal law advocacy experience of successfully defending those who are charged with, on the one hand small time drug trafficking, to those accused of involvement in the largest drug busts in the world is invaluable in defending any drug charge.
Balot Reilly criminal lawyers are highly experienced in drug possession charges, drug importation charges, drug trafficking charges, drug distribution charges, drug manufacturing charges, cannabis cultivation charges and complicated conspiracy drug charges. Our criminal law defence experience extends to defending your case before court and defending your legal interests after court. This is priceless for the management of your case.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST CRIMINAL DEFENCE LAWYER IN MELBOURNE?
If you have been charged with a drug offence, you need to carefully consider which criminal defence lawyer you choose to represent you. A great criminal lawyer is potentially able to maximize your chances to successfully defend the criminal charges or to minimize your criminal charges and increase your chances of getting a great result which often means keeping you out of jail.
Representing an individual charged with drug charges in Australia requires a particular skill set; great investigatory skills, legal research, writing submissions and effective cross-examination skills. In perhaps no other area of law is drafting a comprehensive, well-written, thoroughly researched and persuasive submissions is so important.
Don’t be fooled by empty promises, lawyers big noting themselves, mere publicity in the media, or lawyers claiming to have substantial criminal law experience who do not regularly appear in court; ask your criminal defence lawyer for proven results!
At Balot Reilly we invite you to come and watch our best criminal defence lawyers in court when they appear for other accused persons and you can witness firsthand the highest quality of legal representation in criminal law.
TYPES OF DRUG CRIMES
There are a number of illegal drugs/substances that are common drug crime offences e.g; Marijuana or Cannabis, Ice or Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Heroin, Ecstasy, LSD, etc are the most common drugs.
Drug crimes fall under the following categories:
- Drug Possession for Personal Use - Having a small quantity of illicit drugs on you generally results in a drug possession charge. Moreover, if a passenger in your vehicle has an illicit drug close to them, you may also be arrested for its possession particularly if you are the driver. It's important to ensure that your rights and ultimately your freedom are protected by a criminal lawyer from Balot Reilly before facing any criminal drug charges and particularly before attending court.
- Drug Possession for purpose of sale - Police officers may assume that a person intends to sell drugs when he or she has a trafficable quantity of drugs. A finding of guilt for possession for purpose of sale carries substantial maximum jail sentences so it's imperative that you seek advice from a Balot Reilly criminal lawyer to maximise your chances of a successful outcome asap!
- Drug Distribution/Trafficking Just transferring possession of drugs, including prescriptions, may result in a drug trafficking arrest. Also simple possession of a trafficable quantity, for example 3 grams of meth-amphetamines, raises a legal presumption of trafficking and therefore a charge of trafficking. It means that the law presumes that the person in possession of those drugs is trafficking unless that person is able to rebut that presumption. Our Melbourne criminal defence lawyers have successfully defended such cases in several ways; one example was where the accused reasonably states that the amount of drugs in his/her possession was for personal use. Protect yourself by hiring a drug crime lawyer from Balot Reilly NOW!
- Commercial/Large Commercial Drug Trafficking - Commercial drug trafficking charges are often laid police where large quantity of drugs that is many times the trafficable quantity are traffiked or are in possession for sale, for example 100grams of pure meth-amphetamines or 500grams of mixed substances. If you’re charged with commercial trafficking, the maximum penalties range from 25 years imprisonment for commercial quantity to life imprisonment for a large commercial quantity. Our criminal lawyers have incredible success rates in defending commercial drug trafficking cases. Contact Balot Reilly Lawyers immediately if you are charged with commercial drug trafficking charges.
- Drug Manufacture -People accused of producing or manufacturing illicit drugs need an experienced criminal defence lawyer because the penalties are very serious carrying substantial terms of imprisonment. However, our best criminal lawyers in Melbourne can help because these charges are not easy to prove. At Balot Reilly lawyers we examine the facts and the evidence in manufacturing cases and we have effective strategies to defend clients against these serious criminal charges..
- Drug Cultivation - Growing illicit drugs such as Marijuana or Cannabis without lawful authority in Melbourne and almost all of Australia is a criminal offence and punishments vary depending on the number and weight of the plants involved. If a court finds you guilty of cultivating even a single plant, the maximum penalty carries a term of imprisonment and fines. This area of law requires an expert criminal defence lawyer with court experience in many previous successful cultivation cases. Balot Reilly criminal lawyers are highly experienced drug cultivation lawyers. Our Melbourne criminal lawyers have achieved incredible success rates. Contact Balot Reilly Criminal Lawyers now to defend you.
- Drug Importation Conspiracies - The act of agreeing to help someone bring into Australia a prohibited drug can attract a substantial term of imprisonment under Commonwealth Law. Through many years of experience, Balot Reilly criminal lawyers have used successful legal strategies to defend drug importation charges. You need to ensure that your rights are protected by hiring a certified criminal Lawyer from Balot Reilly
DID YOU KNOW?
In Australia the use of over-the-counter drugs or prescription drugs for an illegal purpose is also considered a drug crime, for e.g; using Xanax without prescription or the act of extracting pseudoephadrine from cold and flu tablets. If convicted, drug offences can lead to serious ramifications. These include possible terms of imprisonment, large fines, community corrections orders and a permanent criminal record. It also has the potential to damage your reputation and to affect your relationships with family and friends.
If you have been charged with a drug crime, do not let it ruin your life! Don't waste time because the earlier an experienced criminal lawyer from Balot Reilly is involved in your legal representation, the better! Give the best criminal lawyers in Melbourne at Balot Reilly a call to discuss your drug related charges anytime 24/7. Balot Reilly criminal defence lawyers are there to protect you!
WE CAN DEFEND ALL DRUG CHARGES IN ALL AUSTRALIAN STATES
Balot Reilly criminal lawyers are experts in legally defending drug charges or drug crimes in Victoria against the Drugs Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981
Balot Reilly criminal lawyers are experts in legally defending drug charges or drug crimes in NSW against the Drug Misuse And Trafficking Act 1985
Balot Reilly criminal lawyers are experts in legally defending drug charges or drug crimes in Western Australia WA against the Misuse Of Drugs Act 1981
Balot Reilly criminal lawyers are experts in legally defending drug charges or drug crimes in South Australia SA against the Controlled Substances Act 1984
Balot Reilly criminal lawyers are experts in legally defending drug charges or drug crimes in Queensland against the Drugs Misuse Act 1986
Balot Reilly criminal lawyers are experts in legally defending drug charges or drug crimes in Tasmania against the Misuse Of Drugs Act 2001
Balot Reilly criminal lawyers are experts in legally defending drug charges or drug crimes in Northern Territory against the Misuse Of Drugs Act 1990
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU'RE IN COURT AND YOU NEED HELP FROM THE BEST CRIMINAL LAWYER IN MELBOURNE?
It's never too late contact an expert criminal lawyer for drug charges from Balot Reilly to immediately assist you in court and to fight for you. You can contact our office on 03 9326 6606 or our 24/7 emergency hotline 0421 905 576.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU'RE IN COURT AND YOU'RE UNHAPPY WITH YOUR CRIMINAL LAWYER IN DRUG CHARGES ?
It's never too late to call Balot Reilly criminal lawyers to represent you in drug charges, in all Victorian and Australian courts to fight for your rights, restore your confidence and peace of mind and achieve the best possible outcome in court for your unique legal situation.
Melbourne Criminal Lawyers for drug charges Balot Reilly
462 William Street Melbourne West, Victoria 3003